Thursday, August 5, 2010

Not So Good

Mom didn't have a very good day today.  In the morning she was moving very slowly and not in a very good mood.  As the day went on things didn't get any better.  Of course, Dad didn't sleep well last night so having to give Mom so much attention wasn't the easiest thing to do.  Kim visited with them in the morning and in the afternoon.  Stewart helped Dad in the garden while Kim was with Mom in the house.  Later in the evening we had some thunderstorms roll through so we stayed at home instead of running our normal errands and making the weekly homage to Walmart.  I went to visit with Mom and Dad.  I was glad I did.  Mom was having a rough time.  She was really sad and needed some comforting.  Dad had done all he could do.  You could see the love and care in his eyes for Mom.  It breaks his heart to she her having to suffer through this.  I told her that I loved her and that I was there for her.  After a little while of talking with her she finally calmed down and dozed off.  Mom really feels helpless and hopeless.  When Mom has an episode like this it is very taxing on Dad physically and emotionally.  Please remember them in your prayers as I will.  I will also pray that my wife  will alway love me as much as I see Mom and Dad love each other.

1 comment:

  1. Please know that we are praying for Mom and all of her caregivers: your family, Dad, Hospice people, Doctors, etc. Sure wish we were closer so we could give you more help. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete